Our mission in Engineering and Maintenance is to provide excellent service to students, staff and guests of the Medical College while maintaining a clean, comfortable and safe environment.
Engineering and Maintenance responsibilities include:
- Operate, maintain, repair and otherwise preserve the physical plant and equipment systems within buildings owned, rented or otherwise utilized by the College. These systems include HVAC, plumbing, electrical, controls, vertical transportation, and fire protection.
- Provide housekeeping and custodial services for Weill Cornell Medical College facilities. Services provided include general trash removal and disposal, regulated medical waste, snow removal and ice treatment, landscaping, pest control, building exterior maintenance, recycling, bulk trash removal and disposal, floor care and maintenance, public space maintenance and upkeep, and event services support.
- Provide engineering and construction support on renovation and alteration projects throughout the campus.
- Establish technical procedures for the preventative maintenance and repair of utility services.
- Provide security services and maintain security systems for Weill Cornell Medical College facilities. Systems maintained include access control, intrusion alarm and CCTV.
- Manage some WCMC ancillary operations including parking garage management.
- Provide receiving and mail services to the College.
The department provides its services by a combination of in-house labor, agreements with New York Presbyterian Hospital and outside contractors.
Utility services are provided by a combination of in-house plant equipment, agreements with New York Presbyterian Hospital and public utilities.
Preventive Maintenance and the scheduling of work and repairs are performed on a priority basis in cooperation with all of the departments in the Weill Cornell Medical College.
Engineering and Maintenance is currently providing services within the following college facilities:
|1300 York Avenue||A, Harkness, B, C, D, LBRC, E, and Griffis|
|1305 York Avenue||Weill Greenberg Center|
|2315 Broadway||WP Building|
|416 East 55th Street||MR Building|
|407 East 61st Street||Feil Research Building|
|426 East 61st Street||DV Building (Floors 2 through 5)|
|East 66th Street||CP Building|
|400 East 67th Street||LA Building|
|525 East 68th Street||Whitney Pavilion (Floors 2 through 9)|
|413 East 69th Street||Belfer Research Building|
|445 East 69th Street||Olin Hall|
|510 East 70th Street||Lasdon House Building|
|418 East 71st Street||DP Building (Floors 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7)|
|511 East 71st Street||S and SI Buildings|
|428 East 72nd Street||Oxford Building|
|442-444 East 77th Street|